Sunday, April 19, 2009

SYF

Lalala... SYF is coming sooo near... We had this band exchange at HCJC with like 9 other JCs, and wow, ok we're not that bad... But we're not that good either.. And I guess I sort of woke up already... I have fully accepted our choice piece now, yay! I know it's too late, but well at least I did... What made me accept the piece is that for 2007 SYF, 3 JCs played songs which were 6mins+, ACJC, CJC with Feste Romance and NYJC with sonfonia sth.. Well ACJC got Gold With Honours didn't they? Well the other 2 got Gold, but yea... Gold is sorta the norm for JC bands which is quite sad anyway...

But well, the exchange was super nostalgic... First, was Star Wars and immediately I remembered Majestia last year... I think it was quite funny becuz we really know the song well, so every mistake the percussionists made we sorta knew, especially the tom solo becuz we kept playing that part over and over becuz it was sooo nice hahaha...

Then TPJC played Machu Picchu... Immediately I remembered New York!!! And Thomas said that part of the song was for NSSN skit, yea.... So our band life was sorta summarised by the exchange. And then we were the last band... I don't think we played up to people's expectations of us though. I mean we were the only GWH band there, but we didn't play the best.

Well, from now on I guess we have to work harder... Percussion still can improve certain parts, like timpani and bass drum crotchets at bar 126, percussion soli at last 4 bars of overture, snare drum tone in overture(hopefully matthew's snare would sound nicer), plus a bit more balance.

Ok, have to work harder. Last SYF ever and ever!

And then back to alumni, I've not been to marist ever I think, this year. ZOMG I feel soooo guilty la... Like if I don't go back this year, the next time I go back I'll only know 25% of them... Xian... At least I know 50% of them now, and alumni practice... I heard our Hym to the sun, time to take back the knights, WOW! I think I missed those practices.... I really hope we play for some sort of competition this year, if not a concert with hard pieces... It's been ages since I've played proper pieces such as Machu Picchu, Hymn, after coming to VJCSB, which mainly plays entertaining pieces only, but not really proper band songs... Thus I hope I can play more proper songs in alumni and improve my playing...

O ya, ZOMG My timpani SUCKS during the exchange OMG! I was sooo embarrassed I couldn't even roll like evenly! Like wdf la... Oh wells...

Practice practice practice...