Monday, June 18, 2007

XJC Audition

Well, today I went to XJC( Can't say which lest they find out) for DSA audition primarily just to try my luck. Well, It was the interview first, interviewed by a teacher, which I think is the teacher in charge of band. She asked questions which I predicted and has already prepared, then she asked, " If you get 11 or 12 points for O levels, we would advise you to take only 10 units, instead of the normal 12 units.( WDF?) Which I think won't happen based on your prelim scores, but what would you feel about that?" I was shocked so I said " hmmmm," then she typed something. Shit. Then I quickly said, " Honestly, I don't think I would get 11 or 12 points for O levels." Then she just looked at me and typed more things. Dam, did I say something wrong? Then it was the auditions itself. I went into the room and the conductor just stared at me, I already felt so demoralised by that. After playing scales, I played " Turkish March", a solo piece for marimba which lasted 2+ minutes. And I made 5 wrong notes!!! And the last 10 secs was totally rubbish. How? Oh well, I guess now I have to study for the O levels, xian...