Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese sucks...

If I were to choose the teacher career path, it would only be unless I get the PSC scholarship, if not no future for me... And then I'll work in MOE for a while, and I WILL push for the dam 2 pts bonus for higher chinese to be removed...

This 2 pts is equal to 4 years of hardwork in ur cca... Just by obtaining a paltry pathetic C6 for higher chinese in a 2 hour exam. It has affected me, but I don't care now since VJC is a great place. But seeing it affect juniors, and others it's just so bloody unfair.

It can make 2 ppl of the same calibre go to JCs of very different standards, ultimately affecting one's future.

It can make a difference between

RJ and VJ...
VJ and TJ...
TJ and MJ????

I was quite shocked actually... But then again expected... Ppl with 7 pts.. 7 pts!!! Who can't come VJ just becuz they don't indulge in a complicated mess of slurred words we call chinese. Instead, they go TJ. Still ok... We also have smart 6 pointers who can't even apply to RJ/HC...

So yup. I'll push for the 2 pts for higher chinese to be removed. Of course, if I choose to go the teacher route...

After today's scholarship talk, I realise that prestige, getting scholarships, is not that important if u dislike ur job... Maybe 5 yrs later u'll be happy becuz ppl would like envy u for getting that S$1 million scholarship to yale/princeton... But maybe 10 yrs later u'll regret it... Not wanting to sit behind a desk everyday formulating government policies...

So for now, NUS Medicine... If I fail, go to a US uni and chill out...