Saturday, July 19, 2008

NBC Honors Band Concert!!

Today was a hiong day. In fact, the past 2-3 weeks have been hell for me. In school, lecture notes and tutorials are like piling up in addition to last semester's stuff. In MSHS Alumni Band, practices are like 3-4 times a week. And today was NBC Honors Band Concert!! We performed at about 9pm + lor then came back. This thursday have SIBF Semi-finals competition, hope can get into finals haha. And so happy then leave GP early becuz GP ends so late la like 4+.. But so sad, cannot go for bio after GP. But nvm, competition more fun =)

This is MSHS Alumni's Percussion Section for the 2008 NBC and SIBF competition!! WOOT!! I love u guys, u guys are great percussionists! It was so fun working with all of u la. Slacking, crapping and clowning around, poking one another. But what the hell, my 2 juniors are like taller than me. Saw is like 172? As u can see from the picture I'm only taller than Fredy... Yes thanks Caile for playing for us even though you're not a Marist. Really appreciate it =)


And when I went home and on my phone, I was so happy and sorta glad. Matthew told me not to worry about college day. Becuz VJ band is playing Machu Picchu for college day, the day of the SIBF finals. And not only that, my Timpani part is abit exposed and is part of the percussion solo. There's no way I can make it unless I go to esplanade directly from VJ. But that's so last minute and hectic. He said he will sort it out. Yay, what a nice section leader =) Becuz I've really been worried sick about this. I mean I'm the new section leader and I do this kind of thing, not playing for college day and then causing other ppl to learn the part... Well I hope everything goes well.

So yes, next week is hell. But after that is more hell. Next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday got practice from 7-10pm, and Thursday, Friday and Saturday( Hopefully ) have performances or competitions. That's how hellish it can be. But then after that... Is mugging for promos liao... Yes, I do have to study. People think I nv study one, lol crazy shit... If I never study then still get this kind of results I can go mensa or whatever shit.

So ya, must jia you for SIBF semi-finals!!