Monday, July 28, 2008

SIBF 2008 Top Band!!

Ok, today I'll blog about the Singapore International Band Festival 2008 performance. In summary, we won the Top Band =) Look at the trophy =)


The whole day was a bit xianed, the attendace wasn't so good at 2:30pm, and apparently we sounded quite bad. The percussion arrangement was screwed up with the timpani in the middle, and everything was so chaotic. I didn't expect anything at all, in fact I would be happy even if we got 4th. Getting into the finals is already very good, so ya. On the competition stage, we got scammed, percussion is not 2 rows, but only 1 row. As a result, those playing the cymbals and bass drum were like stuck in one small spot. And the snare drum broke. So Fredy told Sean to use the snare drum provided by SIBF.


March: I played ok. Lost focus and played about 2 counts wrongly, wrong rhythm wrong note, but sounded correct. Becuz the wrong note is F instead of Bflat, which actually sounds nice together.


Chosen: I forgot to dampen bells again, and when everyone was quiet, got this ringing sound from the bells, xian diaoz... I forgot to bring the score from the bells to xylo again! So I had to walk back and take it. Xylo's runs were all over the place and messy, and my semisolo upbeat was totally shit.


Air: I only have 6 counts to play in the song, and I can actually forget to change the note of 1 timpani so there was this weird sound.


Hymn: Tuning was shit as usual, since I only have like 2 beats to change a note throughout the song. So ya, played really weird.


Overall, I played better than the semifinals, but still no good. The band? I was too busy listening to myself to listen to the band, but from the recording, WOW!! I can't believe MSSBA can reach such high standards, and I'm really happy. This whole month of hard work has not gone to waste at all.


So ya, for T3A under the music category, I can add Gold Award for 2008 National Band Competition, and Top Band for Singapore International Band Festival 2008!!! And we won $10,000 in cash yay! Can buy new timpani =)


So I thought I could rest on sunday after like 2 whole months of piaing band. I was wrong, there was pw. And apprently we didn't do much work so I have to complete the whole thing tmr.


H3 bio is weird, sorta easy so far, but I think there is much more to come.


OCIP is ... 13 ppl accepted only. I think my class already has around 10 ppl signing up, so maybe the whole school about 300+? Wow... I better start preparing for the bio olympiad...


Bio is getting more intersting, can't stand it it's so cute.
I told Aloy I'm sleeping at 10 but look at the time, I think 11 bah... Stupid bio e-assessment...