Sunday, July 27, 2008

Top Band for SIBF!!

Yay! As the title mentioned above, we got top band!! Now it's like 1am so I'm a bit tired so I'll talk about it when I have the time. It was just wow=) And now I can write more for my T3A under band category.

Btw, OCIP clashes with bio olympiad. Hmmm I think I'll go for OCIP though. Becuz firstly, I can't win the bio olympiad. VJ's bio olympiad program is seriously laughable. My friends in HCJC and RJC trained since sec 4, and they have proper notes and lectures and stuff. But VJC? Lol.. Don't even have notes. "Just mug the campbell book from cover to cover" As said by some VJ bio teacher. Excuse me? Well, I'm trying to do that, but there are just some stuff that needs teacher to teach. The book's 1300 pages btw. I only did like 200 pages, and 200 pages are in the H2 syllabus. So ya. And anyway, even if I do win the bio olympiad, so what? I think it's the experience that counts anyway, reading stuff about bio which is so interesting. So ya, I'll sign up for OCIP. If I get accepted, then too bad for bio olympaid lor. If I don't then I'll just go.

And about OCIP, gross, my friends said that there's like spiders in the toilet, bath nude in public, and dunno what lah... No proper electricity, no clean water, and I heard they sleep on the floor. No fan I guess, not to mention air-con. But!! This is something I'll never ever experience again, I hope... So maybe I should go... Oh well...

Anyway, yay!! We got top band!! We beat ACSI, 2 foreign powerful bands! And in the semi-finals, we beat RJC, AJC and Musart. But, I think we're really really lucky becuz seriously, ACSI sounded really really good. They had good rhythm and very clean sound.

The stage arrangement for percussion is screwed la today... Somemore the snare drum spoil b4 the performance on stage!! Oh well, we still got top band yay!!