Friday, July 25, 2008

Yay

I'm so happy, we got into the finals. At first, like a few days ago, I was like quite sure that we would get into the finals. Then after hearing our playing on stage, I was like we 99% can't go finals.

I tell u, the performance was my worst performance ever in my life. I never play 1 whole bar of bells, I think becuz I was blur or something. Then I never play 1 whole bar of xylophone for the same song becuz the snare drum was too far from the xylophone. Screw the arrangement lah... That was for Chosen.

Then for Singapore River, my SOLO never play for 2 counts becuz I was just blur lor. Then my last note supposed to be a high G, which is super high for a timpani, but I dunno y I never tune it, so it's like a low B or something, so the whole percussion solo sounded like shit. And ya, it's a SOLO. There was like 1-2 secs of silence which is like a lot.

For hymn to the sun, I think I never screw up. Just that it was like a bit weird becuz I couldn't hear the band when I played ff.

Then after seeing all the open division bands getting like 80%+, I was like xian... then maris stella, I saw a few 80s, a few 90s and a stupid 75. Ended we got 89.14%, which is like 0.87% from a Gold!!! Argh... Oh well nvm, this is like my first silver in my life for band. Ended up we tied for 3rd and 4th place with some Hong Kong band.

So ya, can't wait for saturday, 3rd time playing in the esplanade!!